Monday, July 13, 2015

Fantasy appliance progress


For my appliance I wanted to use cotton balls wrapped in twigs (more of a decoration than an appliance) and wanted to find a way to combine it with a completely different concept of astronomy and planets. For this, I thought back on how people in the past, before they had modern technology and telescopes, would try to understand the universe above them with the means they had, often using strings and maps as a way of visualizing and understanding concepts such as gravity, why the planets circle the sun (or the earth), and many other astronomy concepts. My idea of these two things together is a bit abstract, but I feel if I am able to illustrate the idea of it looking like a merge of strings holding balls (which shows gravity in itself) I will be able to show the affect gravity has on the planets in a non-literal way using this appliance.



progress screenshots 



No comments:

Post a Comment